Google Hangouts is a communication software product developed by Google. Originally a feature of Google+, Hangouts became a standalone product in 2013, when Google also began integrating features from Google+ Messenger and Google Talk into Hangouts. Wikipedia
This morning we had a hangout with the people that attended our last workshop; we had so much information to give them that we ran out of time, but we thought it would be a great way to put the knowledge we had given them into practice, so there we were at 8am this morning, Garry was telling us about FourSquare, and all of a sudden we were joined by some other people who we didn’t know and hadn’t invited, but actually it was really cool as the first to join us was a chap called James Wreck, he just loves popping up in peoples hangouts, he is from the States and yesterday was in the middle of a ‘time out’ hangout with some amazing people, this led us to thinking of the etiquette of hangouts’ here are some of our thoughts…
At the moment most hangouts are set up as private but you can download Hangout Canopy if you use Chrome and this will show you who is having a hangout anywhere in the world right now, here is ascreen shot as I type this of those that I could converse with:
Top Tips of hangout etiquette
- If you join a hangout make sure they don’t mind
- Try not to just wander off whilst in the middle of the talk.
- Don’t bring your lunch/breakfast/dinner to the table.
- If you feel a bit left out of the conversation you can chat on the type box to the members as well.
- You can only have max of ten people at a time
- make sure you don’t talk over people
- and most of all preparation, make sure you know what the content is to be about in advance.
- Its such a great way to meet new people, so make sure you leave it on public and you too could meet great new people like we did with James!
- you can also share videos on there, click on the YouTube button and chose a video and your fellow hangout chums can see it too!
- its a great way to have business meetings without having to brave the elements
- how cool will you be if you show your boss the brilliance of Google Hangouts
- James mentioned making sure you have a camera and mic and don’t join a hangout without that.
Loving Social Media
192 Lancaster Road,
Phone: +44 (0) 20 3846 8888
Business Hours: 9am – 6pm Monday to Thursday. 9am – 5pm Friday and Saturday. always open to new ideas for your seo and social media activity so call today
Love social media, Optician, Work Experience Mentor, Entrepreneur
Honors & Awards — Beta tester for twitter Spaces 2021 Best Social Media in the world.
2020Shortlisted for Digital/e-Commerce Business of the Year. 14 Hour Global seminar 50,000+ Views May 2020. Most inspiring business person of the year 2020 finalist. OPENING SANTANDER BANK 2019. Special service to the borough Enfield. 2019 Social Media Marketer of the year. 2018 Winner of best Greek business in the U.K. 2018 Ask the expert 100% optical Vision-X Opticare Conference. Keynote Speaker. 2014 The Worlds First CET on social media. 2017 Judge at the 2013 Enfield Business Awards Judge of the national optician’s awards. 2013 – Dispensing Optician of the Year Finalists. 2008 Final Best work experience place to work UK SME . 2007 Worlds first Optician on Twitter and Facebook 2005 Whoever has read this email I am very much looking forward to working with you, Creating outstanding work, and achieving great things together. Bring on 2021.
a person who sets up a business or businesses, .
Always embracing digital disruption – Special interest in changes in consumer behavior, how will they impact on the business
Loving social media was born from a love of digital communication and the passion for guerrilla marketing over 15 years ago I discovered Myspace and then Facebook. They did wonders for my optical business in then evolved for me doing friends social media then hiring an apprentice her salary was covered for all the friends and colleagues social media. In 2019 the opticians (Goodlooking Optics) that I owned merged with another optician the merge didn’t go perfectly and there was a conflict so I decided to completely devote myself to love social media. in January of 2019 I sold all the customers of loving social media in preparation for this big merge which I then regretted. today loving social media has 24 clients a pure passion of getting your website optimised the Page 1 with a joined up approach using social PPC And SEO Like all self-respecting digital companies, we know that we are always learning because things are always changing!