Is a blog a good return on your time?
A blog is your chance to add a little personality to your business’s website – in the modern age, it can be the difference between making a sale and not making a sale. It ranks on google can help with your bounce rate and keep people on your website.
Whether you are a service provider, retailer or source of information, chances are your website will be geared around your products and details about what they can do for customers. Your blog is a chance to show consumers who you are and what your organisation stands for.
social media in Enfield
How to do it
Many business owners are sold on the idea of having a blog but then don’t know what to write; what you may not realise is that you probably have all sorts of great things to talk about. Just write honestly about things you care about relating to your organisation and your industry – or even something happening in the news.
If you have something to say about your sector – and if you are an expert then you will no doubt have an opinion or three – then great, but don’t forget to look closer to home. Maybe one of your employees is doing a charity fundraiser or perhaps the office has been decorated for Christmas – share a picture and talk about it. You can then share all this on social networks.
The advantages of producing a blog are split between the human and the technical. For people visiting your website blog posts can help you engage with them and develop a stronger bond than a faceless corporation might do, as they may identify with your opinions, or simply find your updates interesting or entertaining.
On the technical side of things, search engines like to see your website having fresh content added regularly – it should help your search rankings and thus lead to more visitors.
Quote I’m pondering —
“It is by logic that we prove, but by intuition that we discover.”
Blogging is not easy for me having dyslexia does not make like easy but that has not stopped me writing 3 books and hundreds of blogs.
- List posts provide an easy-to-follow structure – and they allow you to practice structuring your posts.
- Headlines usually run very well in social media.
- List posts are fairly easy to create.
A blog can be a good return on your time if it is used as a part of a comprehensive content marketing strategy. Blogging can help to improve your search engine optimization (SEO) by providing fresh, relevant content for search engines to index. Additionally, a blog can help to establish your brand as a thought leader in your industry, and can provide a platform to engage with your target audience and build a community around your business.
However, it’s important to note that starting a blog requires a significant commitment of time and resources to create and maintain quality content. It’s also important to have a clear strategy and set goals for your blog in order to measure its effectiveness and ensure a good return on your time investment.
Points and Tips
- Define your niche: Identify the specific topic or area that your blog will focus on, and ensure that it aligns with your business or personal brand.
- Conduct research: Research your topic and gather information to ensure that your blog is informative, accurate, and relevant.
- Create a content strategy: Plan out your blog content in advance, including the topics you will cover and the frequency of your posts.
- Write great headlines: The headline is the first thing that readers will see, so make sure it is attention-grabbing and accurately reflects the content of your post.
- Use visuals: Include high-quality images, videos, and infographics to break up text and make your blog more visually appealing.
- Optimize for SEO: Use keywords and meta tags to optimize your blog for search engines, making it easier for people to find your content.
- Use social media: Share your blog posts on social media to increase their reach and drive traffic to your blog.
- Create a call-to-action: End each blog post with a call-to-action, such as a question or a link to a related resource.