New Government Kickstarter everything you need to know
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24-year-olds on Universal Credit.
Back when Tony Blair was in power the government had a scheme called back young Britain. The opticians that I used to own took on six young people and it really changed everything in a positive way I’d been used to taking on work experience students and apprentices but these guys were taken on on the premise that there would be wages covered for six months and that would help with my marketing and operations
the government knew scheme is called Kickstarter the one challenge is it’s really aimed at larger businesses because you need to apply for no less than 30 people so more motivation to get involved this time around was to help others to connect to the funds and the grant.
if you are a small business and would like to apply for the Kickstarter scheme make sure that you go through this checklist before applying
have you ever been bankrupt?
Do you have a County Court judgment against you
can you morally say that you will educate these young people so they are in a better position after six months to be more employable?
If the answer is yes then please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll help you to connect into the funds and answer any questions you may have
Want to create job placements for young people within your business? Check if you can apply for a #grant through the Kickstart Scheme
- f you are creating a minimum of 30 job placements you can apply here as an individual business
- If you are unable to offer this many job placements, you can partner with other organisations to reach a minimum of 30. The representative applying for group of organisations can get £300 of funding to support the administrative costs of bringing them together.
Get #funding to help your business & support young people to develop key skills.
If you’re creating fewer than 30 job placements, we can act on your behalf to apply for Kickstart Scheme grants and £1500 employer incentives! Email email@example.com
Kickstarter 4 Scheme Info & Form example should take around 10 min to fill in
What you’ll get
£1,500 per job placement
You’ll get £1,500 funding per job placement. This is for setup costs and to support the young person to develop their employability skills. If you get someone else to do some of this for you, such as your Kickstart gateway, you’ll have to agree on how you will share this money.
Job placement criteria
The job placements created with Kickstart Scheme funding must be new jobs.
The job placements must not:
- replace existing or planned vacancies
- cause existing employees, apprentices or contractors to lose work or reduce their working hours
The job placements must:
- be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- pay at least the National Minimum Wage or the National Living Wage for the employee’s age group
- only require basic training
We have created over 100 placements so far
These are examples of roles so far!
LANDING PAGE BUILDER/SOFTWARE
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGING
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS
MULTI TRADES APPRENTICE
TRAINEE MARKETING ASSISTANT
If you need any more information please call Garry Kousoulou 07958510183